TAKE ACTION by taking less than a minute out of your day to save #NetNeutrality! We only have one (1) day to fight the FCC and the repeal of #NetNeutrality! Thanks to John Oliver there’s a SUPER easy way to do this NOW.
- Go to gofccyourself.com (the shortcut John Oliver made to the hard-to-find FCC comment page)
- Click on the 17-108 link (Restoring Internet Freedom)
- Click on “+express” (It’s on the left column, a little tough to find.)
- Be sure to hit “ENTER” after you put in your name and information in each field, so that it registers as an entry.
- In the comment section write, “I strongly support net neutrality backed by Title 2 oversight of ISPs.”
- Click to submit, done. Make sure you hit submit at the end!
Please share your own Confirmation # with friends along with this post to spread the word!
C2A Do you enjoy Netflix? Do you find yourself spending too much time on FB? If net neutrality goes away, our Internet bills go up and we give power to companies like Comcast and Spectrum.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION The Federal Communications Commission will vote Thursday on a measure that would completely gut regulations to internet providers and open the door for net neutrality to be destroyed. The vote will likely make it easier for companies such as Verizon and Comcast to start divvying up the internet and turn it into something more akin to cable TV (i.e., something more expensive, fragmented, and more focused on making as much money as possible). The vote will likely ensure no regulator can do anything to stop these companies.