Looking for a way to use your time and skills to help TWWSJ? Beyond getting involved with our Action Teams and joining the conversation in our Facebook group, here we’ll post specific needs that YOU might be perfect for!
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR C2A HELP!
The basics: Research issues, vet sources, and look for things TWWSJ members can do — nationally, regionally, and locally — to push for progressive changes of all sorts. Come up with steps/suggested scripts for taking specific actions, then share it with the group.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with others on the C2A team and TWWSJ members to identify timely actions.
- Craft posts with pertinent information that will maximize group participation in an action.
- Develop best practices and identify reliable sources.
- Be creative and get informed!
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “C2A volunteer opportunity” in the subject.
The basics: Compile C2As, upcoming events, announcements, and updates to share with our mailing list via Action Network on a (generally) weekly basis.
What you’ll do:
- Gather relevant calls to action, upcoming events, and announcements from TWWSJ members and group posts every week, including reminding team leads about the newsletter deadline in case they want to include something.
- Edit content and optimize the formatting for email, using a template.
- Use Action Network to schedule and send email.
- Promote newsletter sign-ups.
- Support mailing list management efforts, including list maintenance and metrics, as needed.
Interested? Reach out to Cassie at email@example.com and mention “Newsletter editor” in the subject.
The basics: You’ll organize images shared by TWWSJ members from events and more, make sure they’re optimized for the web, keep track of who’s in the images and who took them, manage permissions and access, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Set up and maintain a central repository of images that can be used on the TWWSJ website, blog, social media, etc.
- Ensure each image has complete, accurate metadata: photo credit, subject(s), permission to use, event/date information, readable and caption/alt text.
- Serve as the point person for TWWSJ members who want to share images and help make sure they are vetted for content and quality.
- Help anyone who needs to use this image collection find what they need and make sure they’re using it properly.
- Write image sharing and usage guidelines that can be accessed by TWWS members.
We already have a couple Google accounts that could serve as a hosting place, not to mention the media library that’s baked into our WordPress site itself. What we use and how we make sure all the necessary people can access it and use its contents appropriately will be up to you.
The time commitment is not likely to be huge, barring the occasional inundation of event photos, and you can make it work with your schedule. And you won’t be alone — those of us on the website team, and likely others in the media group, will be happy to work with you and share the burden as things shake out. This is a great opportunity to get involved for someone who likes having projects they can do on their own time.
Interested? Reach out to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Photo content editor” in the subject.