DEADLINE is in 5 days (October 15)
White House Seeks to Stifle Protests Near White House and on National Mall!
2. Write a Comment OPPOSING this rule. It should be short and direct. Example:
“I strongly oppose this proposed rule. The proposal would close 80 percent of the White House sidewalk, put new limits on spontaneous demonstrations, and open the door to charging fees for protesting. The park service plans to close 20 feet of the 25-foot-wide White House sidewalk, limiting demonstrators to a 5-foot sliver along Pennsylvania Avenue. This is perhaps the most iconic public forum in America, allowing “We the People” to express our views directly to the chief executive.”
3. Your contact information is Optional!
4. Click “Continue” button.
5. Check box “I Read and Understand the Statement” then click “SUBMIT COMMENT.”
6. Make sure that you see the RECEIPT screen and note your Comment Tracking Number.
Thanks to TWWSJ member Rebecca for the steps!
- Say No to Trump’s Plan to Crush Protests in the Nation’s Capital (Partnership for Civil Justice Fund)