San Jose: Call your councilmember TODAY to tell them to stand with renters when they vote on renter protections and displacement policy on Tuesday!
Use the script below:
Hi, my name is _________ . I live in district ___ I urge Councilmember ___________ [or Mayor Liccardo] to vote in favor of renters’ rights on April 24. Our families need stable communities, that means no racial profiling and no additions on criminal activity to evict a family member, protecting rent controlled tenants from illegal charges for utilities, and protecting tenants with vouchers from discrimination. We also need an Ellis Act that will provide the lowest rent for the largest number of renters. I don’t want to see my neighbors pushed out of San Jose.
- Mayor Sam Liccardo: firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-535-4800
- District 1 – Chappie Jones: District1@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4901
- District 2 – Councilmember Sergio Jimenez: District2@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4902
- District 3 – Councilmember Raul Peralez: District3@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4903
- District 4 – Councilmember Lan Diep: District4@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4904
- District 5 – Vice Mayor Magdalena Carrasco: District5@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4905
- District 6 – Councilmember Dev Davis: District6@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4906
- District 7 – Councilmember Tam Nguyen: District7@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4907
- District 8 – Councilmember Sylvia Arenas: District8@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4908
- District 9 – Councilmember Don Rocha: District9@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-4909
- District 10 – Councilmember Johnny Khamis: District10@sanjoseca.gov, 408-535-491
Tip: Not sure who your councilmember is? Use the “Find Your Representatives” widget on the right side of the Call to Action page to look it up. And if you live in the area, you can contact everyone on the council, even if you don’t live in San Jose, and identify yourself as a “Santa Clara County voter” or similar.
Read more (h/t SURJ at Sacred Heart):
- Op-Ed: Will San Jose’s City Council Give Landlords More Power or Stand Up for Tenants? (Metro Silicon Valley)