Breath deeply. Channel rage into action and keep fighting — it will pay off in a month!
1. Thank Ana María Archila and Maria Gallagher who held Sen. Jeff Flake’s elevator to ensure he heard of their and other survivors’ sexual assault experiences before he voted on whether to advance Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination process.
“Your patience and tenacity in speaking truth to power made a difference, and inspired me to continue to speak out against sexual assault wherever it is occurring.”
c/o The Center for Popular Democracy
1730 M Street NW, Suite 1115
Washington, DC 20036
2. Write postcards to help Harley Rouda defeat Rohrabacher in CA-48. Sign up at Postcards to Voters. So simple, effective, and quick. They tell you what to write, you only sign your first name, you pick how many cards and when to write, and you feel like you’re making a difference because you ARE!
3. Call Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono to thank her for coming to vote against Kavanaugh despite recovering from recent surgery for kidney cancer.
- Sen. Mazie Hirono: (202) 224-6361 or (808) 522-8970
4. Sign up to help collate local city council and school board materials at the Democratic Volunteer Center in Palo Alto this week.
- WHEN: Tues 10/9, Wed 10/10, and Thur 10/11 2-5:00
- RSVP at the Democratic Volunteer Center website