1. OPPOSE VOTE TODAY – David Stras for 8th Circuit Court appointment
2. PLAN for the State of the Uniom (sic) – Options for NOT watching the 45 show
3. MOVE Congress on Russian sanctions
Here we go…
1. Vote for appointment is TODAY. David Stras has been nominated to the Eight Circuit Court. Throughout his career, Stras has showcased his far-right leanings — ruled against government transparency, ruled to limit the rights of children with disabilities and women, and demonstrated that he is not a vigilant protector of voting rights.
Call your Senators — David Stras is unfit to serve: 1-844-USA-0234
2. Tonight is the State of the Union (which was spelled UNIOM on the official tickets). Here are some other options for tonight:
- Watch The State of OUR Union online starting at 5 pm PST
- Watch the Democratic response to the State of the Union, given by Rep. Joe Kennedy
- Watch Rep. Maxine Waters on Angela Rye’s State of the Union on BET
- Make a short video explaining your hopes and dreams for a progressive, inclusive America. Post video Tuesday (1/30) at 9pm EST/6pm PST sharp on all your platforms with the hashtag #StateOfTheDream. Then, retweet all the videos you see with that hashtag.
- Share this link to promote voter registration.
- Complete these C2As!
3. Russia Sanctions bill:
- Senate vote: 98-2
- House vote: 419-3
- Trump: missed 2 deadlines for implementing and enforcing sanctions against Russia for past election meddling and to help stave off future meddling & claims “there is no longer a need.”
Remind MofC that there is still a need. 1-844-USA-0234