Make a few quick calls today…
1. Protect the Special Counsel: New reports reveal that Trump wanted to fire Special Counsel Mueller this past summer, but his lawyer refused. Contact your House and Senate members:
“I’m calling Sen./Rep. ________ to demand that Congress pass legislation to protect the Special Counsel. The American people need to get the full truth about the Russian attack on our democracy.”
- Senator Feinstein: (202) 224-3841 or (415) 393-0707
- Senator Harris: (202) 224-3553 or (415) 355-9041
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren: (202) 225-3072 or (408) 271-8700
- Rep. Ro Khanna: (202) 225-2631 or (408) 436-2720
- Rep. Anna Eshoo: (202) 225-8104 or (408) 245-2339
2. ICE call to action from Christal Niederer
ICE has detained a greencard holder with no criminal record. Physician and legal resident Lukasz Rafal Niec, whose cousin is a TWW-SJ member, was detained by ICE in Michigan, and it has made national news.
How you can help:
- Contact ICE Enforcement & Removal Operations, Detroit Field Office at (313) 568-6049
- Email Detroit.Outreach@ice.dhs.gov
- Michigan Governor Rick Snyder at email@example.com and (517) 373-3400
Please release Lukasz Rafal Niec. He is in this country legally and has contributed to our society by becoming a respected physician, and inspiring his brother to follow in his footsteps. He has a family here in the US who needs him, and has no remaining connection to Poland. There is no crime on his adult record, and his expunged juvenile record was nonviolent. His detention is an outrageous abuse of the system and waste of taxpayer money.
Read more: ICE detains a Polish doctor and green-card holder who has lived in the U.S. for nearly 40 years (Washington Post)