(from Americans of Conscience)
TAKE ACTION by showing gratitude. Let’s write or call those we appreciate for there recent actions in opposition of the Executive Branch or the GOP agenda.
1. Thank Jeff Merkley (D-OR) for demanding answers about the administration’s policy of separating families and its detention conditions for unaccompanied children. Thank you for using your position to uplift the silenced and highlight this wrong.
- Call: 202-224-3753
- Email: merkley.senate.gov/contact
- Write: 121 SW Salmon Street Suite 1400 Portland, OR, 97204
2. Thank Justin Trudeau for refusing to meet with the president about NAFTA with sunset preconditions. We’re grateful you understand the difference between our leader and the American people. We’re working hard for change.
- Email: pm.gc.ca/eng/connect
- Write: PM Justin Trudeau, House of Commons, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A6 (Postage: $1.15)
- Trudeau declines to meet Trump because of US precondition (Tampa Bay Times)
3. Thank Sens. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) for working together to heal the culture of silence that feeds workplace harassment. Their bill, the Empower Act, gives people a voice to protect themselves.
Sen. Kamala Harris:
- Call: 202-224-3553
- Email: harris.senate.gov/contact/email
- Write: 333 Bush Street, Suite 3225, San Francisco, CA 94104
Sen. Lisa Murkowski:
- Call: 202-224-6665
- Email: murkowski.senate.gov/contact/email
- Write: 510 L Street, Suite 600, Anchorage, AK 99501
- The EMPOWER Act Is an Important Step Toward Addressing Workplace Harassment (People for the American Way)
4. Thank Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson for advocating for stable housing as a precursor to physical and mental health. We commend your company’s $200 million investment to address housing stability and homelessness.
- Write: One Kaiser Plaza, 1550 Ordway, Oakland, California 94612
- Kaiser Permanente Announces $200 Million Impact Investment, Partners with U.S. Mayors and CEOs to Address Housing Stability (PR Newswire)
5. Thank Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME) and Claire McCaskill (D-MO) for protecting older Americans’ financial security. The senators authored the Senate version of the Senior Safe Act, included in the bipartisan banking reform package signed by the president.
Sen. Susan Collins:
- Call: 202-224-2523
- Email: collins.senate.gov/contact
- Write: 202 Harlow Street, Room 20100, Bangor, ME 04401
Sen. Claire McCaskill:
- Call: 202-224-6154
- Email: mccaskill.senate.gov/contact
- Write: 324 Park Central West, Ste. 101, Springfield, Missouri 65806
6. Thank the Mexican American Legislative Caucus for organizing a June 5 hearing at the Texas Capitol to end family separation. Many Americans are working hard to oppose this policy and appreciate your advocacy.
- Write: Westgate Tower, 1122 Colorado Street, Suite 107, Austin, TX 78701
- Twitter: @RAICESTEXAS
7. Thank the Al Otro Lado for representing and advocating for the rights of people seeking refuge and asylum in the United States. Americans all over the country stand with you and take action on the issues you share. Thank you for your leadership.
- Write: 3363 Sierra St, Los Angeles, CA 90031
- Website: alotrolado.org
- Border fills to capacity as caravan of migrants arrives, officials say (WITN)
- Homeland Security Practice Of Separating Children From Parents Triggers Complaint (KPBS)
- Central American migrant caravan arrives at U.S. border (ThinkProgress)
- Transgender woman in migrant caravan dies in ICE custody (News4JAX)